Suppose you’re connected to a Wi-Fi but you don’t know the password. Now if you want to get connected to your other devices with that same Wi-Fi, what’s the best possible solution?
You can simply ask dor it to the owner. But it seems embarrassing. Right? Or you probably don’t want to disturb him/her. You may also forget your own Wi-Fi password by mistake.
No worries. In this article, you’re going to know about five simple tricks to know the Wi-Fi password that you’re already connected to. These tricks you can use both on mobile and laptop. Continue reading to know the amazing information.
Tricks to see the Wi-fi password
Here we’ll present five tricks to get The Wi-fi password. It may help you in many ways. But don’t use these links for any kind of immoral work as hacking.
Here we’ll know three unknown tricks to see the wifi password you’re using on your mobile. Not only this but also we’ll know two amazing tricks of getting the wifi password on windows. Let’s not waste time, and know the amazing tricks or methods.
The first trick (Android)
Here we’ll know how to see the password through mobile. I’m giving here the procedures step by step.
- Go to the wifi option on your mobile. There you’ll see the option wifi-connected.
- Press the wifi network you’re connected to.
- You’ll see an option called modify network.
- Here you’ll see the option of change your password. But you need to click on the show advance option beneath that.
- After clicking on show advance, you’ll see the Ip settings option down there.
- Click the dynamic option there.
- Make that static.
- Now you’ll see many IP addresses. Choose the one written gateway. There you’ll see an address, which is actually the address of login to the backend.
- Copy that IP address. Paste it on the browser. Or if you see any option called open or browsing after selecting the address, you can use that too.
- Now you’ll see the backend login option of the router company the password is.
- Maximum people don’t feel the necessity of changing the backend password. This is the chance you’re getting to crack the password.
- Every company has its own default password. Know the company of the router and you can easily get the default one on the internet.
- Put the username and default password.
- After login, search the wireless option. There you’ll see the password. Connect that into your other devices and use them without having any hassle.
NB: You’ll also see the option changing password. If the owner is not you, then it’s better to stay away from that option.
In this case, some router companies don’t provide an extra backend password. The real password is counted as the backend one. Other than that, 80-90% of the time, you can use this method to see the password.
The second trick (Android)
The second way is really very simple, especially for the latest android version users. This method is completed by the QR code.
Well, if you don’t know what QR code is, then it’s a system of sharing passwords, without even typing it.
Let’s know the process step by step:
- Go to the wifi setting, and tap the wifi network you’re connected to.
- Tap to that network and you’ll find the Qr code. Have a screenshot.
- Crop that screenshot and keep only the QR code part and save it.
- Now go to your browser, Type QR code extractor, and search it.
- You’ll find a QR code decoder named ZXing.
- Go to the website, upload the cropped screenshot of the QR code.
- By submitting you’ll get the real password and you can easily use this in other devices.
The third trick (Android)
This one is the most complicated among all the methods. This is not recommended as this method needs your phone to be rooted. This method can vary depending on the android versions.
Let’s know the steps:
- If your phone is rooted then you can use any root explorer as ES file manager or X-plorer.
- Once you get root access through these explorers, you can get data, misc, wifi, Wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Open that file and you’ll get the password
These are the steps to follow for getting the password easily. Though phone root is never appreciated.
Now, as we know the mobile tricks, let’s move on to the windows tricks. Now you’re going to know two trich by that you can easily get to see the password.
The fourth trick (Windows)
Let’s not do late and get straight to the steps:
- At first, you need to press Windows + R.
- Then you’ll see the run command. Type there Ncpa.cpl and press ok.
- Now you’ll see the list of networks you’re connected to.
- Now just simply click on the network, which password you want to see.
- Double click on that particular network.
- Now you’ll see the wireless properties option.
- Now there you’ll see another window opening on the upper side. There‘ll be also a tab called security.
- You’ll find a security key there. And that’s the wifi password you were searching for.
The fifth trick (Windows)
This is another trick that can help you to see the password of the wifi you’re connected to. This method is done by command prompt.
In case if you’re getting confused about what is command prompt. Nothing to worry. I’m explaining this here.
It’s basically a command-line interpreter. You give your input that’s command and as output, you get the result. A command prompt is a black screen on the window where you put your command and get the expected result.
Now, if you can use the command prompt to see your expected wifi password:
- Go to the command prompt. Write down a command.
- Simply type this there, NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILE “connection name” KEY=CLEAR.
- This is actually the command you gave to your computer.
- Press enter and you’ll find security settings.
- Go beneath that option and you’ll see an option named “key content”. There will be a password beside key content.
- And that’s the password you were looking for. Simply use it and get connected with whatever device you want to, without even asking for it.
These were the tricks and tips by which, you can easily know the wifi password. I hope you’ll try this by yourself and get benefits.
Nowadays every restaurant, shopping mall or house beside you is using wifi. If somehow you lose your wifi connection, you don’t need to worry anymore. If you were ever connected to there network you can have the password easily. Just know these tricks and you’re good to go.
Thanks for reading. Pass this article to your friends and family for their help.